To celebrate the launch of Science Creates, you can now download our new publication and find out about the deep tech developments happening in Bristol.
In this newspaper, we share our vision for the future of deep tech in Bristol.
We want you to know what we’re up to and what we’ve got planned. Science Creates is a big project and one we’ve been working on for a while now. We’re excited to bring you the result of a year’s work behind the scenes pulling together all the elements needed for a new deep tech ecosystem.
“Better healthcare, a cleaner environment, and an improved quality of life for everyone; achieved by supporting scientists to take discoveries off the shelf and into the real world.”
We’re lucky to work with an expert team and some fantastic partners, who have kindly shared their experiences in the Bristol deep tech cluster.
In the newspaper:
• Harry Destecroix shares our story so far, where we’ve come from and why supporting early-stage science companies is so important to us.
• Harry and Prof. Hugh Brady describe their 10-year plan for accelerating scientific innovation in Bristol.
• Meet the investors, founders, and mentors that make up the Science Creates Ventures Team.
• Centre Director at Science Creates, Ashley Brewer explains how we support our member companies to tackle big global challenges.
• Patrick Fallon, our Lead Designer, looks at the rich history of Old Market, the area which will soon welcome our new incubator, and tells us why we must complement Bristol’s strong community ethos.
• Take a sneak peek at our new Learning Lab as Charlie Proctor, our Chief Operating Officer, shares plans for our open and inclusive learning space.
• Discover more about the scientists working to develop vaccines, treatments and a better understanding of the virus in our exclusive interviews with key figureheads – ‘Bristol’s Response to COVID-19’
• Deep tech is the next big thing, but what is deep tech and why should you care?
• Read about ‘The Bristol Deep Tech Start-Ups Working to Solve Global Problems’ such as ‘The Bristol Scientists Fighting Antibiotic Resistance’
Make yourself comfortable and enjoy exploring our world…. We hope to see you very soon!
We have a limited number of printed copies available. If you value print and would like a copy please get in contact using email@example.com and let us know.
Find us on Twitter give us a follow for the latest news and content, or use #ScienceCreates to join in.
Everyone involved in producing the publication is available to contact and we encourage you to speak to us if you have any questions, feedback or ideas (we like ideas).